Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Workout #50: Sucking less

Today I definitely sucked less. I sparred the same large purple belt I usually spar, the only one in the gym probably stronger than me so I have no advantage in size, strength, and obviously none in skill. He's been telling me to keep a stronger base. He's been able to scissor sweep me at will, but today finally for the first time he tried and he wasn't able to. He still tapped me out a bunch, but he wasn't able to get his usual Americanas and arm bars with me. I guess that's good. I also noticed when he did mount me he wasn't able to submit me as easily, I was able to go down and grab his hips and try and throw him off balance. It was hard since he has at least 50 pounds on me, still I noticed progress.

I sparred another white belt, a tall thin guy so it totally wasn't fair even though he was a 4 striper. He had me in mount after passing my guard, but I was able to sweep him, and get him in a kimura and tap him out. He tried to get me in a triangle but I was too strong, and he wasn't able to get my arm over so I flipped him over, and go his head between my legs and got a kimura. Again, not fair b/c he's so much lighter than me and still a white belt. He even tells me what to do during our sparring match which is helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment